About The Position
As a Data Engineer in CytoReason, you will be part of the critical path of Big Data infra and solutions development for the pharmaceutical industry.
You will work with PM, Algo and the other members of the SW team to achieve your goals.
In this position you will be developing and maintaining cloud data infrastructure that deals with analysis and comprehension of biomed/genomic data.
You will also be required to work with very large, complex, existing R code packages (both 3rd party and internal) that are developed by our algorithms team.
- Writing and maintaining software for processing big data from public and proprietary clinical trials
- Develop and maintain ETLs over cloud infrastructure
- Help develop algorithmic pipelines
- Understanding the needs that will arise from different interfaces within the company and offer solutions
- BS.c in computer science or equivalent
- 4+ years programming experience with Python
- SQL experience (preferably PostgreSQL / MySQL)
- Experience with Linux environment
- Experience with google cloud platform (storage, BigQuery, hosted DBs)
- Experience working in a high velocity CI/CD environment
- Experience with Docker
- Superb written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- Experience designing big data processing infrastructure
- Experience with R
- Good understanding of biological concepts