About The Position
You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, algorithm developers, bioinformaticians and statisticians to tackle the most burning questions of the pharmaceutical industry. You will focus on developing statistical tools to decipher different disease mechanisms, leading the company's technology to remain at the cutting edge. All developments are based on human clinical and high throughput molecular data to empower CytoReason’s proprietary cell-centered disease model. This role focuses on research and finding of data-driven solutions that will be applied for a vast number of different diseases.
You will take a key part in the development of the next core algorithms of the company, including:
- Developing CytoReason’s proprietary statistical analysis and in addition expand existing capabilities, ranging from extremely high dimensional data to network analysis, from gene ranking for disease relevance to ML for disease severity prediction.
- Provide statistical tools to the immunologists in the company to find the answers faster and easier
- Working with different experts in the company such as immunologists, software developers, bioinformaticians, data scientists and product managers
- MSc/PhD in Statistics, computer science or related disciplines
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in basic statistics, including confidence intervals, univariate tests – parametric and non-parametric, contingency tables tests, special distributions
- Experience in Statistical methods and considerations regarding the analysis of high-dimensional data (e.g., gene expression)
- Self-initiative and self-learning capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in R, and R package development
- Industry experience in conducting analysis and/or method development
- Background in Immunology
- Experience in Bayesian inference and Likelihood (estimation, tests)
- Experience working in a team with bioinformaticians and data scientists