“You can never understand one language until you understand at least two”
- Geoffrey Willans
It’s a common problem in drug development. Biologists and bioinformaticians don’t understand each other.
We tackle this from day 1 at CytoReason. Our biologists, bioinformaticians, data scientists and engineers sit together in the same room and work on the same projects towards the same goal. After a while they start speaking the same language, complementing each other’s work, and building something big together.
As a Cyto you’ll work with a multidisciplinary on the industry’s most burning questions. Along the way, you’ll help the world’s top pharma companies make groundbreaking discoveries and bring novel therapies to the patients who most need them.
About The Position
As an immunologist at CytoReason, you will receive intense “data training” and work closely with our expanding multi-disciplinary team of biologists, software engineers, and bioinformaticians. You’ll tackle the pharmaceutical industry’s most burning questions using cutting-edge data. You’ll decipher disease mechanisms, identify biomarkers, find novel drug targets and develop new approaches for computational models use cases in pharma discovery.
This role is customer-facing. You’ll accompany the world’s top pharma companies as they enter the era of precision medicine and as they make groundbreaking discoveries and bring novel therapies to patients who most need them.
- Work closely with the pharma scientists to define the key deliverables of the project
- You will have to quickly learn the biology around the program and become our top expert on that topic
- Perform data interpretation and analysis from a biologist’s perspective
- Build a plan with an internal team and guide them through the project, the questions, the data and interpretation of the output
- Administrative and scientific leadership, including presenting the progress of the project and deliver reports to the clients
- Ph.D. in Immunology or relevant field
- 3+ years post Ph.D. experience in the immunology field
- 3+ years of experience working with a team
- Experience in building biological hypotheses from high dimensional data
- Very strong communication skills in English
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience in supporting pharma R&D projects
- Experience with multiple omics technologies
- Management experience